Mr Smith's Coaching
- Join our IronTeam to share the experience and journey with others throughout New Zealand http://www.mrsmiths.co.nz/ironteam/index.php
- Wellington training squads
Hi, my name is Gerrard and I am “Mr Smith”.
I work with all levels of adult athletes from first timers through to those competing at World Champs level. I coach people to achieve great results, and have a great experience along the way.
In fact that is a key part of my coaching philosophy – it’s not just about a training plan, it’s making sure you have the support you need to make the whole training and racing journey a great experience.
I offer individual coaching to suit different people, as well as:
– swim squads for the Wellington Triathlon Club
– training squads in Wellington for Half and Ironman distance athletes
– an online team for those who live further afield to stay in touch with others doing the same kind of training and events
I offer free phone consultations if you have questions or would like to know more – no strings attached
Clientele type: Adult age group athletes
Specialist areas: Long distance triathlon
Building a strong community of athletes so you don't have to do it all alone
Ensuring the training "fits" the athlete - not the other way around
Keeping it real!
Experience - skill: I have been coaching full time since 2010, having coached hundreds of athletes for different events.
Many of these are first timer's taking on a big adventure like Ironman or a Half Ironman - I'm focussed on making it a great experience for you.
Experience - Personal: I've completed a range of events including:
- All distance triathlons from Sprint to Ironman
- Lake Taupo Cycle Challenge
- Ocean Swim series
- 5k to half marathon runs
- and many other different events
Qualifications: TriNZ Accredited Coach
Affiliated to: Triathlon NZ
Wellington Triathlon Club
Club: Wellington Triathlon Club
Events Support or attend: Taupo 70.3
Ironman New Zealand
Wellington Half Marathon
And many others too